What this Policy covers
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and Process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. However, you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- We allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
With your permission or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes. This may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products or services. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
For new customers, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this or if we have a legitimate commercial interest.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the forms on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group. This means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, all as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where the third party is a supplier of ours;
You have the right to ask us not to Process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such Processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. (This includes the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: the Telephone Preference Service, the Corporate Telephone Preference Service, and the Mailing Preference Service. These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Access to information
When requested we will provide you with a copy of any Personal Data gathered through our site about you. If instructed to do so we will remove your Personal Data from our database or correct any errors held. Please contactus at: Marketing Department – email@example.com, 101 McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4NW.
We may collect information about your computer. This includes where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, and to report statistical about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. This does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your use of our site by using a cookie file. This is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred onto your computer’s hard drive. This helps us improve our service to you as cookies help analyse web traffic and improve our site to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical purposes.
Current cookies used include:
Google Analytics – this logs the time you are on our site and what you look at. It is used to make improvements to our site.
YouTube.com – this is used to show YouTube videos and track where a video has been played. If this cookie is disabled the videos will not work on our site.
You can find out more about the way cookies work, why we use them, and how to remove them on the following websites www.cookiecentral.com www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx or www.aboutcookies.org
Enforceability and jurisdiction